The EU projects AEGIS and MOSES joined forces together with ALICE and successfully arranged an online webinar on cargo unit standardisation in inland waterways transport and short-sea shipping on November 8th. About 70 people participated in the event!
The questions investigated in this workshop were:
- What types (LoLo/RoRo/other, eg pallets) of loading units are more attractive?
- What about size, any limitations due to autonomy, green policies or intermodality?
- Is cargo unit standardization key for a more efficient cargo handling operational system?
- What are the challenges and what are the solutions that the projects propose?
ALICE and the EU projects AEGIS, MOSES and CLUSTERS 2.0 were presented and there was a very fruitful panel debate following the presentations. The panel consisted of moderator Ørnulf Jan Rødseth (SINTEF Ocean) and the four participants:
- ALICE: Fernando Liesa
- AEGIS: Prof. Harilaos N. Psaraftis (DTU)
- MOSES: Prof. Nikolaos Ventikos (NTUA)
- CLUSTERS 2.0: Ton Bertens (Van Eck Trailers)
Thank you to the presenters/panelists and the moderator! A recording of the workshop follows under:
And the presentations can be found here: