The EU projects AUTOSHIP and AEGIS joined forces together with De Vlaamse Waterweg and successfully arranged an online webinar on automation and autonomy in inland navigation logistics on April 20th. About 150 people participated in the event!
The questions investigated in this workshop were:
- How will automation and autonomy contribute to efficient and sustainable inland navigation cargo transport in Europe?
- What are the challenges and what are the solutions that these initiatives propose?
The EU projects AUTOSHIP, AEGIS, NOVIMAR and AVATAR and the ship management company SeaFar were presented and there was a very fruitful panel debate following the presentations. The panel consisted of moderator Ann-Sofie Pauwelyn (De Vlaamse Waterweg) and the five participants:
- AUTOSHIP: Antoon Van Coillie (Zulu Associates)
- AVATAR: Senne van Baelen (KU Leuven)
- SeaFar NV: Louis-Robert Cool
- NOVIMAR: Edwin van Hassel (University of Antwerp)
- AEGIS: Mads Bentzen Billesø (DFDS)
Thank you to the presenters/panelists and the moderator! A recording of the workshop follows under: